How can you help
Bigshoes is only able to continue the good work described throughout this site due to the generosity of their donors and the support of the public. We are very grateful for any donations which are made; whether they are monetary or given in-kind.
The following are the ways in which you could assist us (should you choose to make a monetary donation for one of the items below, write the description in the reference for the deposit):
- Sponsor a child - it costs approximately R400 to offer a vulnerable child specialist medical services. Donate now and know that your money will make a difference in a child’s life today!
- Clinic supplies - our clinics are always grateful for donations of children’s plasters, fizz pop suckers and educational toys to make the visit to the doctor more pleasant
- Caring for the carers - Bigshoes is passionate about supporting the children’s home, community project and hospital staff. We would be grateful if you would like to give us pamper / thank you gifts which we will distribute on your behalf to show the appreciation of the community for all they do.
- Office supplies - the organisation is always able to make use of donations of paper, pens, paperclips, files and other office consumables in order to decrease administrative running costs.
- Cover the cost of a burial - some of our patients’ families do not have enough money to give their children a dignified burial. This costs only R700 and would make a huge difference to the families.
- Sponsor memorial services - Bigshoes holds quarterly memorial services to bring families together to remember their children, share tears and find healing. Contact the Bigshoes offices to fins out how you can partner to organise this event.
- Client transport - some of our patients spend months in hospital and poor resourced families find it impossible to visit regularly. Other clients find it difficult to keep their outpatient appointments due to lack of money for transport. As little as R20 can make a difference for these families.
Ways to Donate
MySchool / MyVillage
A very simple way to support Bigshoes Foundation is to make us a beneficiary on your My School/My Village card. A percentage of every purchase you make at a Woolworths store will come to us.
Electronic Funds Transfer:
Big Shoes Fundraising
Our PayPal account is being worked on - please use the Fundraising account (details above) in the meantime